Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

More about the Cinema

Some more information from Dad:


"I remember the Sally Army building, it was next to the passage by the pub. I remember the soup kitchen, it became my job after to go and collect a jug full for a penny. I vaguely remember seeing slide shows there but I think that was after the Sally Army took it over. The soup was very welcome once a week when the money and food run out. I think the slogan was right up to date 'the coolest hall in Chelsea'."

If you blow the image up, you can read the Proprietor's names, "W. Rees and S.Leven" Does anyone remember who they were? Perhaps one was the fearsome character Uncle Bob desribes. It would be interesting to know whether they had a connection with the Cremorne Gardens or other Chelsea enterprises.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?